Mike Schmidt joins Jordan and Jesse for a discussion of Jordan's experience at a faerie hunt in Griffith Park, Jesse's feelings about changing in front of strangers, and their upcoming trip to the LA Kiss arena football game. Show notes
Jordan, Jesse, Game!
Jackie Kashian of Dork Forest Radio joins Jesse and Jordan to talk about satsuma season, marriage and Gears of War 3.
YODA'S INCREDIBLE HERB STEW
by Craig Claiborne
3 pounds lean lamb or other meat
Salt to taste, if desired
Freshly ground pepper to taste
6 tablespoons light or vegetable or other oil
6 cups finely chopped parsley
3 cups thinly sliced onions
1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
2 teaspoons ground coriander
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground turmeric
2 tablespoons finely minced ginger root
1 teaspoon finely chopped seeded hot green or red chilies
1/4 teaspoon ground cardamon
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1 bay leaf
3 pounds fresh spinach, well rinsed and tough stems removed.
1. Cut the meat into one inch cubes, and add salt and pepper to taste.
2. Heat half the oil in a heavy skillet and add the meat, turning to brown the pieces on all sides.
3. Heat the remaining oil in a Dutch oven or heavy casserole and add parsley, onions and garlic. Cook, stirring often until the onions are wilted. Add the meat, coriander, cumin, turmeric, ginger root, chilies, cardamon, cinnamon, cloves, bay leaf, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir.
4. Add water to cover, bring to boil and cover tightly. Let simmer about 2 to 2 1/2 hours until the meat is quite tender.
5. Meanwhile, drop the spinach into a kettle of boiling water with salt to taste and let simmer about five minutes. Drain well and run under cold water. Drain thoroughly.
6. Squeeze the spinach to remove all excess liquid. Place the spinach on a chopping block and chop coarsely.
7. Add the spinach to the stew and stir. Let simmer together about five minutes.
Yield: Eight servings.
I was listening to Jesse Jordan go on a rainy day in Los Angeles. I was listening to the podcast for the first time.
When I heard Jesse rant about the satsuma so I immediately pulled into a local grocery store. I asked the veggie guy if he had Amy satsumas. He showed me cuties and mandarins. But I remembered jesses' rant so ive been brOught over to another box. It wAs Satsumas!!!
I took them home and became the voice of Jesse. They were great. ! Delicious. I gave away they box to my family. Alo g with the story of how I discovered satsumas. Thank you Jesse. I appreciate it. Never stop being you. Never quit.